Saturday, January 24, 2009

Consider the Source

As of late, God has allowed me the opportunity to be a witness of my faith with a nice wicca witch. Until today I didn't know she was a witch, she had always called herself a "spiritualist". I wasn't sure what that meant so curiosity got the best of me. We were having a very polite discussion so I asked her a few questions to see where she stood in her faith. She had plenty of answers that didn't really seem to mesh together. It had a sprinkle of Buddhism, a tad of Native American mythology, and a bunch of stuff I could identify at all. All the time, I'm asking God to open the door so that I could share the Gospel. Then it hit me. I asked her what she based these beliefs on.While she was thinking I asked her if there was a book I could read or Cd's I could listen to that had all these teachings. She said not that she was aware of. So I asked her if she was just making this stuff up as she went along. Again she replied no. My response was, "well how do you know what you believe?". To that she replied, "Oh I just believe what make sense to me." Aha! I knew she was making this stuff up.

Proverbs 14:12 states, " There is a way which seems right to a person, but in the end it is the way of death."

Most people do what comes natural. Some, like my new friend, really try hard to be a good person. They have no foundation. They are watchers. When they find a belief they are comfortable with, they tailor it to fit their own desires. That's what we're up against folks.
We as followers of the Living Breathing Son of God must build upon the firm foundation of God's word. Everyday! We must live openly and honestly in front of the lost. We've got what they need. Answers!
A good friend often reminds me that it's better to win a friend than an argument. I agree. Most of us were confused about our beliefs at one time or another. We need to remember that when we witness. All we need to do is be friendly to get friends. Half the battle of witnessing is won right there. Pray for your friend and ask God to open the door for you to share your faith. You'll be amazed at how God will do this. Don't expect an immediate conversion. That is the Holy Spirit's job. Just focus on building a Godly relationship and rejoice in the fact that God is using you.
Happy Fishing
Bro. Coy

0 comments: