Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Have the Attitude of Christ

Today I felt like a big steaming pile of........oatmeal. I hate oatmeal. The moment I got to work, I felt my rights being violated one by one. I mean shouldn't I be treated with tenderness and compassion due to my present family dilemma. Shouldn't the uniform guy bring back five shirts if I turn in five shirts? Shouldn't first shift stay late to finish their own projects instead of expecting us to stay late finishing our projects and theirs? That's when it hit me....well not right then I did have to sulk for a while first....but when it did finally hit me it was like a ton of feathers fell on me. Why a ton of feathers you ask? Because they weigh the same as a ton of bricks but they're so much softer:)
OK back to the thought at hand. Just where do I get off thinking I have all these rights? Answer...PRIDE.

Philippians 2:1-11 (NLT)

1Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate?

2Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.

3Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.

4Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

5You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

6Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

7Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,

8 he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.

9Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.




  1. Encouragement comes from fellowship in Christ
  2. Equality is not of interest to God
  3. Evil comes pride in yourself.
  4. Elevation will come in due time.

What I forgot today was to keep the Main Thing the main thing. Needless to say, I was not encouraged. I was more concerned with helping others please me than I was helping others see Him. That's a losing strategy. If Jesus, Himself didn't think he should have His rights catered to why should I?

My prayer today is that we would all have the mind of Christ and the peace that comes with it. Even if we have a momentary "brain burp" we need to remember that we have a Friend who is always there at the throne to intercede on our behalf. Let our motto be "others" and hope we don't get in the way.

God Bless Y'all
Bro. Coy

P.S. I'm Feeling much better now



0 comments: